Problems with live install support for F18 Alpha

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 05:12:26 UTC 2012

On 08/24/2012 12:57 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> Hey, folks - just wanted to make sure anyone who's interested is in
> the loop. The anaconda team has been working to try and get live
> installation working with the newUI changes, but right now they don't
> think it'll be possible to have it ready in time for F18 Alpha, at
> least without slipping again. They don't think it can be done by next
> Wednesday.
>
> So, if we wanted to release the Alpha on current schedule (just 1 week
> slip), it'd have to be with no live images, or with non-installable
> live images. If we want installable live images for Alpha, we'd have
> to slip at least another week.
>
> That feels like a 'policy' decision to me, so I've filed a ticket with
> FESCo to discuss it at their next meeting:

So you just went ahead and filed a ticket *before* we could decide this
any other feelings you have that you just go ahead with. Maybe we should
just start dropping installation test cases and other criteria since it
is pretty apparent that Anaconda wont meet them in time no wait they
already tried to do that...

> https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/941
>
> so if anyone feels strongly about this issue, please, chip in in the
> ticket or at the meeting. If people feel it'd be desirable, we could
> also put this on the agenda for the QA meeting on Monday and perhaps
> come to an official position on what we would like to see happen,
> since our meeting is ahead of FESCo's. Thanks everyone!

This is yet another warning sign that the *new* installer is not in
ready enough shape for F18 and should be delayed to F19...

JBG