Needing a simple way to create a custom disk layout for F18/Alpha/TCx

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Mon Aug 27 11:27:25 UTC 2012

On 08/27/2012 12:56 PM, Scott Robbins wrote:

Hi Scott,

> On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 11:53:57AM +0200, Joachim Backes wrote:
>> Hi F18 testers,
>>
>> I don't know whether this has already been asked (and answered): Is
>> there a simple method to set an own disk layout for a F18 test install?
>> I did not find any if I selected /dev/sda, and my whole disk was
>> reformatted by the F18 installer :-(
>
> When I clicked on review partitioning layout,
> I was given an option to
> click a plus sign and add partitions.  I've only worked with a VM

Me too, in VirtualBox!

My problem: I don't see any button for reviewing the partition layout!
There is only a line at the bottom of the disk selection window:
"1 disk selected; <size> Gb capacity; <size> Gb free...",
and if I click on this line, I get a popup window describing the
selected disk, and allowing me to press two buttons: "remove" and
"close". How to perform the partitioning review?

Kind regards and thanks for your support

--
Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>

https://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes