Needing a simple way to create a custom disk layout for F18/Alpha/TCx

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Mon Aug 27 12:31:47 UTC 2012

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 01:30:53PM +0200, Joachim Backes wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>
> On 08/27/2012 12:56 PM, Scott Robbins wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 11:53:57AM +0200, Joachim Backes wrote:
> >> Hi F18 testers,
> >>
> >> I don't know whether this has already been asked (and answered): Is
> >> there a simple method to set an own disk layout for a F18 test install?
> >
> > When I clicked on review partitioning layout, I was given an option to
> > click a plus sign and add partitions.  I've only worked with a VM
>
> Me too, in VirtualBox!
>
> My problem: I don't see any button for reviewing the partition layout!
> There is only a line at the bottom of the disk selection window:
> "1 disk selected; <size> Gb capacity; <size> Gb free...",
> and if I click on this line, I get a popup window describing the
> selected disk, and allowing me to press two buttons: "remove" and
> "close". How to perform the partitioning review?

I saw something similar, but after I add space, I'm back to the original
picture, where I see what I have and can then click a minus to remove the
partition.   Usually when I have the dialog box to create and give a mount
point, I can see how much free space is remaining.  On a couple of tests
that I did right now,  at times, rather than seeing that, it was blacked
out, but I suspect that is just a VirtualBox thing.  And when I did add the
new mount point and space, once again, I was back at the screen showing
free space, and was able to delete the mount I just created.

So, for me, it seems to be working.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Xander: Nice. Look who's got a bad case of Dark Prince envy.
Dracula: I have no interest in you. Leave us.
Xander: No, we're not going to (imitates Dracula's accent) leave
you. And where'd you get that accent Sesame Street? One, two,
three - three victims. Mwah, ha, ha, ha!
Buffy: Xander, I'm pretty sure that's Dracula.
Xander: Wow, really? Hey, sorry, man, I was... just jokin' around.