Needing a simple way to create a custom disk layout for F18/Alpha/TCx

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Mon Aug 27 14:19:08 UTC 2012

On 08/27/2012 03:57 PM, Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 03:30:43PM +0200, Joachim Backes wrote:

> Did you possibly miss the review partitioning thing?  Are you using TC3?
> It's definitely there.  64 bit, TC3 from the 17th, I think, netinstall.
>
> Choose English (in my case) do the Accept my fate thing, then I see the
> screen with various icons, including Installation Destination, with yellow
> triangle and ! in it.

Hi Scott,

happens too on my box.

> Click that and I see the disk, click Continue.

Ooops, that was the culprit. I did not click on "continue" inside the
storage window in this situation (this is similar to the sahara
desert/timbuktu). What I did was clicking on "back" for additionally
configuring other things like language or timezone.

Now I can try a real install.

Thanks a lot for your help :-)

Kind regards

Joachim Backes