Proposed release criteria and test case adjustments relating to artwork and self-identification

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 01:46:57 UTC 2012

On 08/28/2012 09:29 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:

> Sorry for the essay, hope it all makes sense! Comments, suggestions,
> improvements, complaints welcome.

"Design team considers KDE SIG responsible for that, it's not part of
the 'official' artwork stuff. So basically, we're down to bootloaders
and the desktop background, when it comes to 'artwork'."

Hmm looks like the design team has forgotten it exist to service the
community in whole and one would think that any artwork that is on any
spin that gets handed out at various etc.. should/would contain
*official* artwork.

In any case I think we should just decide instead that each *DE default
artwork should be used up to final ( which makes it deviate from what's
in the GA releases ) which should give the design team more than enough
time to finish their artwork and us to essentially focus on what is
written in "/etc/os-release" since that's what everything (
Anaconda+Plymouth+*DM/*DE if it exposes it + Console ) ought to be using
these days and not causing us to slip due to some *missing* artwork
which I personally consider non trivial up to final.

JBG