[Test-Announce] New Blocker Bug Tracking Application

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Wed Aug 29 11:03:55 UTC 2012

> I've done some work on the re-skinning and have a very rough draft up
> in static form.
>
> http://tflink.fedorapeople.org/blockerbugs/reskin-draft1/blockers.html
>
> Best viewed in FF for now, I can see some issues in chromium that I'm
> not going to deal with right now but will fix before implementing in
> production.
>
> There is still quite a bit of work left to be done before I can
> upgrade the blockerbugs app but for now, some of the things I'm
> interested in are:
>   - general thoughts
>   - sizing of images, whitespace, fonts?
>   - sizing of navbar
>   - any glaring color issues (aside from the rollover of the active
>     nav and the blue notice bar)?
>
> Tim

The navigation bar serves the purpose perfectly, thank you.

My only thought is that it is not clear why some lines are marked in yellow and why some bug statuses are in bold.
The easy solution:
 * Put a legend box to the bottom of the page:
   "Yellow background - bug modified in the last 24 hours
    Bold status - bug ready for QA verification"

Harder solution:
 * Let's stop using table coloring and instead put a small marker next to each relevant line. The marker can be a small pin-headed bubble with the words "Recently modified" inside and a yellow background. It would appear on the right hand side of the matrix line. It can have a tooltip text with a longer explanation. Another marker could contain words "Please test" and a green/other color background.