F18 Lightdm D-Bus

Sergio sergiocmailbox-users at yahoo.com.br
Sat Dec 1 15:53:06 UTC 2012

--- Em sáb, 1/12/12, Frank Murphy <frankly3d at gmail.com> escreveu:

> De: Frank Murphy <frankly3d at gmail.com>
> Assunto: Re: F18 Lightdm D-Bus
> Para: test at lists.fedoraproject.org
> Data: Sábado, 1 de Dezembro de 2012, 13:19
> On Sat, 1 Dec 2012 06:59:54 -0800
> (PST)
> Sergio <sergiocmailbox-users at yahoo.com.br>
> wrote:
>
> > If you have issues with lightdm then the best thing is
> to look at
> > its logs, I think.
>
> Had a quick look at the logs.
> x-0.log empty

Not normal, AFAIK.

> lightdm-greeter.old
> words like cannot scale pixel buff?

lightdm.log is the main log for the DM itself, x-0.log is the X log and x-0-greeter.log is the log for the greeter. The latter usually just give the GTK3 warnings/errors.

> lightdm.log, complains about greeter starting and stopping.

I think, not normal either.

> Maybe a bz?
>
> Frank

Not sure. Maybe for fedup.
I upgraded my bare-metal system with yum and all went very well.

Make sure you have the lightdm files in integral states, check /etc/lightdm if you're using the old or the updated config files (if you have *.rpmnew files, these are the new ones so you might want to merge them. rpmconf is a tool made for that). Also make sure you reverted that comment on /etc/pam.d/lightdm.

Then boot to graphical.target and look at the logs in case it doesn't work.