Rename anaconda to cryptoconda?

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 1 20:04:24 UTC 2012

On 2012-12-01 12:47 (GMT-0700) Stephen John Smoogen composed:

> Tom Horsley wrote:

>> In many many years of installing all kinds of linux distros,
>> I have never encountered a more baffling and cryptic screen
>> than the one I ran into when I made the attempt to install
>> Fedora 18 Beta from the DVD image:...

>   Why are you testing this software if you are afraid it is going to
> trash your primary system? Did you realize that this email you wrote
> was entirely unconstructive

On the contrary, it mirrors my experience. I installed to a system that had
previously had little installed to it, so there was no irreversible damage it
could do. Yet, it did plenty damage, as attempting to ascertain what actions
would cause what results was a baffling experience. What the post does is let
devs know something's wrong with it if people experienced in testing and
willing to take risk are stymied by it.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/