Rename anaconda to cryptoconda?

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 15:54:34 UTC 2012

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 1:33 AM, Felix Miata <mrmazda at earthlink.net> wrote:
> On 2012-12-02 20:14 (GMT-0800) Adam Williamson composed:
>
>>> ...it also indicates an ad hoc approach to solving UI/UX
>>>
>>> problems, rather than having someone particularly skilled with UI/UX
>>> vetting the entire design from the outset.
>

>> Someone skilled with UI/UX did the design from the outset. The process
>> is documented in exhausting detail on her blog:
>

>> http://blog.linuxgrrl.com/
>

>> please *at least* read all the relevant posts there before you
>> speculate.
>

> Seriously? It's hard to imagine whoever is responsible for that page has any
> idea how to make anything usable, much less possesses skill at it:
> http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/SC/sc-mairduff1200.png

Felix,

You're being pretty rude here.  You're judging someone's competence
based on a screenshot from who knows when.  That seems uncalled for.

I mean, for example, here's a picture of Einstein's desk on the day he
died:

http://life.time.com/history/the-day-einstein-died-a-life-photographers-story/#1

look at it.  What a mess.  What's that gobbly-gunk scribbled on his
blackboard?  That guy must be a moron, right?

Now, clearly that isn't the case and I'm not comparing anyone to
Eienstein but hopefully you see my point.  It would be like me reading
this single email and replying with:

"Seriously?  It's hard to imagine whoever is responsible for sending
that email has any idea how to be anything other than a jerkbag, much
less possess the skill to do anything productive for Fedora, ever."

That would be pretty judgemental of me and I guess you wouldn't
appreciate it much.  So maybe go back to critizing the code instead of
doing personal attacks.  While you're at it, maybe propose new design
ideas with screen mockups and stuff, and gather some data on usability
of your designs.  And then maybe send them to anaconda-devel list.

Thanks!

josh