Manual Partitioning and LVM, Re: Puzzled

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Tue Dec 4 22:13:51 UTC 2012

On Dec 4, 2012, at 1:43 PM, Gene Czarcinski <gene at czarc.net> wrote:

> My problem is that I have a test system with almost all of the disk space pre-allocated into various partitions.  There are /boot partitions on the sda disk but the remainder are in lvm.  I cannot seem to be able to get to the lvm configurations.  What am I missing.

They are in Manual Partitioning, probably listed inside "Unknown". You'll need to make sure you've manually created an LV because neither anaconda autopart or Manual Partitioning can create an LV from available VG free space.

When I click on a VG that contains free space (no LVs) I get a message: "This device cannot be edited directly. You can remove it or select a different device.

If I have a VG with many LVs, but still has free space, I can't get anaconda to make new LVs.

Chris Murphy