Sorted Blocker Display

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 12:09:40 UTC 2012

On 12/04/2012 11:27 PM, Tim Flink wrote:
> We still have quite a few proposed blockers for F18 final and could use
> some more votes in bug. Instead of sending out email after email of
> bugs that could use voting or testing, I wrote some code to help me
> keep track of the bug states and display a reasonably up-to-date list
> of the bugs.
>
> http://tflink.fedorapeople.org/blockerbugs/sorted/sortedBlockers.html
>
> I know it's ugly, isn't awesome at detecting votes in-bug and has
> issues with non-ascii characters but IMHO, it works for now. I don't
> want to put too much effort into the code behind this because I hope we
> won't need it for long but I'll probably make some small improvements
> before F18 final is released.

For the first I'm not so sure we should be pushing people into voting in
bugs is a great idea since we are interrupting communication between the
reporter(s) and the maintainer(s)

In the end it will not save anytime since we *still* need to visit the
bug during the meeting for example if anyone attending the meetings or
wants to change his vote ( unless ofcourse you want to create more bz
spam ) that said how are you defining clear +/- 1?

For example the first bug in that list is not a blocker ( from my pov
and few other that have voted on that one )

JBG