Samba issue after yesterday

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Dec 6 18:27:08 UTC 2012

On Thu, Dec 06, 2012 at 01:05:23PM -0500, Scott Robbins wrote:

> smbclient -L //mymachine/share -Umyname%password  (or
> -UDOMAIN/myname%password) I get NT authentication fail.
>
> As I said, I'm not going to spend much time troubleshooting--for the
> moment, just changed it (there are only three people who use it, all in IT,
> and all who know that F18 is experimental) for the moment to security by
> user--but I am wondering if anyone else has experienced it.

I should add that I've checked the obvious, to the  point where I am sure I
am typing the password correctly, and all the usual tests, such as wbinfo
-a myname%mypassword work.

The errors are along the lines of session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE".

I realize that I haven't given anyone much to go on and reiterate that at
this point, I'm just wondering if it's hit anyone else.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: You know, for someone who teaches human behavior, you
might try showing some.
Professor Walsh:It's not my job to coddle my students.
Buffy: You're right. A human being in pain has nothing to do with
your job. (leaves)
Professor Walsh: I like her.
Riley: Really? You don't think she's a little peculiar?