does final criteria #8 mean lvm-on-raid must be available?

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Wed Dec 26 12:28:26 UTC 2012

On Dec 20, 2012, at 8:10 AM, Ian Pilcher <arequipeno at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/20/2012 07:49 AM, Matthew Miller wrote:
>> I tried to make a mirrored /boot partition, and then a second mirrored
>> partition with an LVM volume group on top of that (including / and /home
>> partitions). The current UI doesn't offer this, although it was easy to do
>> in the old one.
>
> Just FYI, it is at least possible to install to a pre-existing LVM on
> MD-RAID setup, including /boot on MD-RAID.  (I'm not sure if bootloader
> installation works.)

I can't reproduce this.

Fedora-18-smoke12-x86_64-DVD.iso
anaconda-18.37.8-1

1. Three disk, MBR, md RAID level linear.
2. VG either totally unallocated, or allocated all or in part to an LV.
3. Click on Installation Destination.
4. I'm presently with one local disk, sda. I don't see the other two disks attached.
5. Manual Partitioning, under Unknown is 'sda1' described as software RAID.

No VG. No LV. It seems to see the physical disk, not the md device, nor the VG or LV.

Based on this older thread, it seems that this should be possible, but somehow the installer is being very literal seeing physical disks instead of anything LVM.

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2012-December/174949.html

Chris Murphy