New criterion for Checksum

Petr Schindler pschindl at redhat.com
Wed Feb 1 10:40:41 UTC 2012

> On Tue, 2012-01-31 at 07:48 -0500, Petr Schindler wrote:
>
> > OK, so test case should stay in alpha and new criterion should be in
> > alpha too. I propose to drop the part about embedded checksum (that
> > would be only additional check) and new criterion should be:
> >
> > "A correct checksum must be published for each official release
> > image."
> >
> > The second possibility is to have two criteria, first in alpha and
> > second in beta. In beta, there would be included embedded checksum.
> >
> > I think that first option is better.
>
> Well, I think we probably want to ensure the embedded checksum is
> correct at final - it would look silly to ship a release where the
> built-in media check always fails, after all. So I think we may want to
> have that second criterion at least for final.

You are right. So beside this alpha criterion I propose new final
criterion:

"If there is embedded checksum on ISO media, it must be correct."

Test case [1] should be mark as Alpha/Final release level.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Mediakit_ISO_Checksums

> BTW, Petr, can you set your mail client to wrap at 72 characters, as is
> conventional? Thanks!

I'm sorry. I thought that Zimbra makes this implicitly, my fault. I
moved to the Evolution and it seems to work well.