libfreebl3.so ? Post TC1 install and reboot?

Tom London selinux at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 18:27:47 UTC 2012

On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 7:03 AM, Frank Murphy <frankly3d at gmail.com> wrote:

> yum update gives the following:
>
> cannot open shared object or file libfreebl3.so
> too many symbolic links to follow.
>
> Can someone post TC1 see if they can confirm this?
> Or it's a reinstall.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Frank Murphy, friend of fedoraproject
> UTF_8 Encoded
> --

Believe I can confirm, if you installed nss-softokn-3.13.1-19.fc17.1
(and derived packages).

Installing these had the effect of replacing libfreebl3.so with a
symbolic link to itself.

Interestingly, login, yum, rpm, cpio, .... all break, since they
cannot compute sha1 (and other?) hashes.

I could only boot up in single user mode, as all other modes would not
allow me to login.

I recovered by downloading nss-softokn-3.13.1-20.fc17 packages from
koji, expanding them (on a Mac :-( ), and then copying the appropriate
files to /usr/lib64.

Now that rpm was working again, I could 'rpm -Uvh --force' the -20
packages to update the rpm db, etc.

I'm sure there is an easier way using a rescue CD....

tom
--
Tom London