libfreebl3.so ? Post TC1 install and reboot?

Tom London selinux at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 15:33:42 UTC 2012

On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 2:13 PM, Frank Murphy <frankly3d at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/02/12 18:27, Tom London wrote:
> <snipped>
>

>> I recovered by downloading nss-softokn-3.13.1-20.fc17 packages from
>> koji, expanding them (on a Mac :-( ), and then copying the appropriate
>> files to /usr/lib64.
>

> Will test in the morning.

To be clear: As single user, I moved away the existing files
(including the 2 evil symbolic links) in /usr/lib64 (and
/usr/include/nss3, if I recall correctly), copied in the new files,
and ran 'ldconfig'.

I then tested using "rpm -ql --package XXXXX.rpm" (using a local
package). With this now working, I upgraded the nss-softokn packages
(via "rpm -Uvh --force").  rpm/yum still appeared to work, so I
rebooted.

>> Now that rpm was working again, I could 'rpm -Uvh --force' the -20
>> packages to update the rpm db, etc.
>>
>> I'm sure there is an easier way using a rescue CD....
>>

> Unfortunaltly I have found,
>  that the rescue CD can be a damp squib.
>
> It doesn't like running command in a chroot.
> Have had a number of not allowed eg.
> "service autofs restart"
>

> --
> Regards,