f 17 netinst.iso in virtualbox 4.1.8

Joshua Andrews woodguy552010 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 6 18:03:36 UTC 2012

I used this image dated Feb. 3.

http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/17-Alpha.TC1/Fedora/x86_64/iso/Fedora-17-Alpha-x86_64-netinst.iso

I installed over an existing VM system, fedora 14 or 15, chose to install rather than upgrade.

I ended up with a bootable 'multi-user' system but I couldn't install or update until doing convertfs. I had assumed that by choosing the install option that the filesystem would already be changed.

After converting I managed an update and installed 'KDE Desktop Compilation' but I can not get X server to start and I can not build the virtualbox guest additions modules for the updated kernel.

It boots fast but...