f 17 netinst.iso in virtualbox 4.1.8

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Tue Feb 7 17:36:56 UTC 2012

Andre Robatino <robatino <at> fedoraproject.org> writes:

> and then going into /media and running the appropriate command as root. (I used
> to be able to use the symlinks /dev/cdrom and /dev/dvd, but it seems that these
> are no longer being created. I don't know if it's intentional.)

The latest udev-181-1.fc17 update in Rawhide provides the /dev/cdrom symlink for
/dev/sr0. However, /dev/dvd is still missing. Not sure what's going on.

BTW, you mentioned in another message that you thought the reason you couldn't
build the guest additions was a "missing" symlink in /usr/src. I never had that
symlink, but the guest additions build for me anyway.