New test case for repository completeness

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Feb 8 17:34:22 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-02-08 at 16:52 +0100, Petr Schindler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I propose new test case [1]. This test case checks, whether all required
> packages are in the release repository and on install media.
>
> This test case should be in final release level. We have these three
> final criteria [2]:
>
> 'A "spin-kickstarts" package which contains the exact kickstart files
> used to build the release must be present in the release repository. The
> included kickstarts must define the correct set of release repositories'
>
> 'The final branded release notes from the Documentation team must be
> present on ISO media and the appropriately versioned generic release
> notes must be available in the online release repository'
>
> 'A "fedora-release" package containing the correct names, information
> and repository configuration for a final Fedora release (as opposed to a
> pre-release) must be present on ISO media while the appropriately
> versioned "generic-release" package must be available in the online
> release repository'
>
> I'm waiting for your thoughts and advises.

It looks pretty good to me. The only thing that worries me is the
script: it needs to check for *active* repos. A new install will have an
updates-testing repository defined, but disabled - this is correct
behaviour (it makes it easy to turn on updates-testing if you actually
want it). I think the script at present would call that a 'bad repo',
right?