F17 Alpha RC2

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 21:14:55 UTC 2012

On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 13:07:44 -0800, AW (Adam) wrote:

> > As mentioned before, "Show Plymouth boot screen" mentioned "FAILED".
> > It asked me to check
>
> I've seen that fail in all my test installs, but it hasn't actually
> prevented boot.

Package "plymouth" was not installed here. Huh?

That also breaks plymouth-scripts: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/794894

After installing "plymouth", I got the boot animation _and_ the LUKS
passphrase prompt!

> Please nominate the bug as an Alpha blocker when you file it, per the
> criteria:

I'm not familiar with that process. I wish to spend less time on getting
an installation to boot. I'd like to start using the installation. ;)