Anaconda should be rewritten in a compiled language!

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 03:56:25 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 11:42 PM, Ian Pilcher <arequipeno at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm willing to bet that I wouldn't be getting a "NameError: global name
> 'BRFSError' is not defined" traceback if it were.  (BTRFSError anyone?)

No, you'd instead get much less useful errors instead. Obviously this
particular typo would never compile, but logic errors, instead of
giving you a nice traceback (and the ability to enter a debugger
straight from where the installer bailed!) would give you a corefile,
which could only be examined with appropriate tooling and knowledge.

Jon the Python guy :)