New criterion for updates.img using

Petr Schindler pschindl at redhat.com
Mon Feb 20 16:51:11 UTC 2012

> > Thank you for suggestions on this. I would require only methods for
> > which we have test case [1] [2] and from alpha [3]. So I propose
> beta
> > criterion:
> >
> > "The installer must be able to use an [[Anaconda/Updates|installer
> > update image]] retrieved from removable media, remote installation
> > source and HTTP url"
> >
> > [1]
> >
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Anaconda_updates.img_via_installation_source
> > [2]
> >
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Anaconda_updates.img_via_local_media
> > [3]
> >
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Anaconda_updates.img_via_URL
>
> I think we do want to require at least URL to work at Alpha. So have a
> criterion just for URL at Alpha, then a broader criterion at beta or
> final.

So I propose alpha criterion:

"The installer must be able to use an [[Anaconda/Updates|installer
update image]] retrieved from HTTP url"

And beta criterion:

"The installer must be able to use an [[Anaconda/Updates|installer
update image]] retrieved from removable media, remote installation
source and HTTP url"

I think, that this should be beta for testing purposes. It will be
easier to test patches, so it would be better if it worked earlier than
later. But that's only my opinion. If you have something against it,
please, reply to this thread.