My task for the next ~6 months

Samuel Greenfeld greenfeld at laptop.org
Mon Feb 20 22:34:17 UTC 2012

In my view, the big questions in that thread were (1) what are we trying to
accomplish with a test day and (2) if we need to have test cases for test
days in the first place.

OLPC has a set of test cases in their Wiki, but's a bit stale, and the
current implementation makes them hard to go through.

I could write a set of Sugar test cases for Fedora purposes, but then I
would have to justify spending the time to my boss for doing so.

In general I don't want to have test cases scattered all over the place, as
Sugar information already is found in at least three Wikis, with developers
only tending to update one or two.

(An interesting take on this can be seen in the opening speech of last
year's Google Test Automation Conference, titled 'Test Is Dead' -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1jWe5rOu3g .  My personal view is that
while the extremes are interesting, I've read books talking about both, and
the truth is somewhere in-between.)