Installation from USB-written images (3/5): Live.iso + LiveCD-tools

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Feb 22 21:35:32 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-01-30 at 08:04 -0500, Josef Skladanka wrote:
> This testcase [1] should ensure, that if the user uses LiveCD tools to transfer the Fedora Live.iso to USB stick, the boot process works 'as expected'.
>
> I propose this as a Alpha verification testcase.

I just realized, this test case is bad. It's basically a duplicate of
QA:Testcase_USB_stick_Live Live-ISO-to-Disk: they both come from the
same reference guide, and the 'livecd-tools' section of that guide is
really just ensuring that livecd-iso-to-disk is installed.

What this test case ought to do is ask the tester to use livecd-creator
to create the USB image. That's the case we're currently missing.