Grub2 mkconfig

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 10:17:04 UTC 2012

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 10:38:16 -0500, TD (Timothy) wrote:

> It's not the recovery mode entry that bothers me, but the fact that for
> all of the kernels in my boot parttion gets assigned to F17 or what
> every the last distro installed. Maybe the mkconfig program isn't samrt
> enought or maybe I should go ahead and write my own.

Is it a single /boot partition shared by multiple dists?
If so, that has always been just an ugly work-around to escape from having
to repartition. I prefer individual partitions for each dist plus
installing each dist's boot loader in the partition's boot sector and
chainloading them from GRUB (which still works with GRUB2).

--
Fedora release 16 (Verne) - Linux 3.2.7-1.fc16.x86_64
loadavg: 0.41 0.69 0.35