17 Alpha cannot mount partition during install. SOLVED - for no reason I can tell

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Wed Feb 29 17:28:59 UTC 2012

On 2012/02/29 17:49, David Lehman wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-02-29 at 12:47 +0200, Zoltan Szecsei wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Just trying out the new i386 Alpha.
>> I have now tried several different HDs, doing a full install
>> (repartitioning the entire HD) and once all the partitions have been
>> formatted, the install process crashes every time whilst trying to mount
>> /home.
>>
>> Any ideas what else I can try to get around this?
>
> Try filing a bug report at bugzilla.redhat.com

Hi,
Thanks for the thought.
This morning I tried installing on 4 different HDs, the 5th attempt I
plugged in a 1TB SATA3G drive onto a SATA6G port and it failed just like
the rest, so I emailed my above query.
Wanting to create the log files you suggested, I hit "reset" (after a
couple of hours just leaving the system hanging), and now it worked.

I can't imagine why the other 5 attempts failed, but for the moment no
problem to report.

The install in but young. (Drat, not allowed to leave trailing dots
according to list guidelines :-)  )

Thanks any & regards,
Zoltan

Zoltan Szecsei PrGISc [PGP0031]
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

65 Main Road, Muizenberg 7945
Western Cape, South Africa.

34° 6'16.35"S 18°28'5.62"E

Tel: +27-21-7884897  Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax: +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za