Installing Rawhide

Frederic Muller fred at cm17.com
Sun Jan 1 10:25:25 UTC 2012

On 01/01/2012 05:38 PM, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 01/01/12 03:47, Frederic Muller wrote:
>
>> I' ve been trying to install rawhide from the lastest nightly build
>> (from 28) and it fails to boot.
>
>> I was wondering whether at this point it is something actually worth
>> reporting and troubleshooting
>
> No don't report,
> until such time as Rawhide goes to F17-Branched,
> when installinng will become crucial.
>

> or whether I should just install rawhide
>> through one of the other possible methods (like upgrading F16 to
>> rawhide).
>>
> For the moment go this route,
> and flag thing as you come across them.
> Checking for existing reports at bugzilla.redhat.org.
>
> If no existing report, it always good practice,
> to run the problem by this list,
> to see if anyone else has run into it.

Thank you Andre and Frank for your prompt and very informative
copying my backup back through USB:
- transfer speed decreasing from 30 MB/s down to 5 MB/s very quickly
- the machine taken down to its knees after about 30 minutes of copying
(I'm trying to copy ~90GB). The laptop is 5 years old (dual core 2Ghz)
with 2GB of ram. I'll check on bugzilla and will try to install Rawhide
differently, check how USB copying performs and so on.

Thanks again.

Fred