Installing Rawhide

Frederic Muller fred at cm17.com
Mon Jan 2 03:51:04 UTC 2012

On 01/01/2012 06:36 PM, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 01/01/12 10:25, Frederic Muller wrote:
> backup back through USB:
>> - transfer speed decreasing from 30 MB/s down to 5 MB/s very quickly
>> - the machine taken down to its knees after about 30 minutes of copying
>> (I'm trying to copy ~90GB). The laptop is 5 years old (dual core 2Ghz)
>> with 2GB of ram.
>
> Can't help you there, as I found years ago,
> even on MS usb to be the "snail mail" of transfers.
> Now backup by cat6 to a raid1 nas
>
> I'll check on bugzilla and will try to install Rawhide
>> differently,
>
> yum update is currently the only method of doing rawhide,
> it not installible per say.

Hi!

Sending this email from Rawhide. I used a F16 image and anaconda as
described in the wiki: I changed the repo during installation to only
enable rawhide and do a net install. It worked like a charm. So thanks a
lot.

Next email will be about my most immediate issue: CPU getting over 100C
within minutes and machine shutting down.

Thank you for all the tips.

Fred