Installing Rawhide

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 2 19:28:31 UTC 2012

Andre Robatino <robatino <at> fedoraproject.org> writes:

> For what it's worth, a few days ago I cloned my F16 x86_64 VirtualBox VM (with
> updates-testing enabled) and then upgraded it to Rawhide. It has a ton of
> broken dependencies, and X doesn't work. At least I can use a VT to distro-sync
> each day.

After a lot of removing and reinstalling packages, I got rid of most of the
breakage. Only 8 packages couldn't be reinstalled: clutter-gesture,
clutter-imcontext, and kdeutils-printer-applet (which appear to not exist in
Rawhide), kdeplasma-addons and kdeplasma-addons-libs (blocked due to
"kdeplasma-addons-4.7.95-2.fc17.x86_64 requires libattica.so.0()(64bit)"),
libkgeomap (blocked due to "libkgeomap-2.3.0-2.fc17.x86_64 requires
libmarblewidget.so.12()(64bit)"), and kipi-plugins and kipi-plugins-libs (which
require libkgeomap). Distro-syncing now runs without any warnings or errors. X
still doesn't work, though, so I still use the VT.