F17\Rawhide can't login multi-user (init 3)

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Jan 12 16:22:01 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 03:27:45PM +0000, Frank Murphy wrote:
> Since this morning's updates,
> can't login.

I just installed rawhide last night, in a minimal install which boots
into text mode.

Root could log in.  However, when I did adduser I got couldn't open
/etc/passwd.

Ran setenforce 0

and was able to add the user.

Not sure if it is the same issue or not.

(I haven't investigated it at all either--I put in rawhide on the
particular machine to see if  some hardware will be supporte.)

However, though the user was added (and could login even after putting
back setenforce to 1), it seemed a bit slow.  This is all in console.

You might try booting into runlevel 3 or adding setenforce 0 to kernel
line and seeing if that helps?

I repeat, not sure if it's related or not.
--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Harmony: Is Antonio Banderas a vampire?
Spike:No.
Harmony: Can I make him one?
Spike: No. On second thought, yes. Go make him a vampire. Take
your time. Get Melanie and the kids, too.