F17's unified usrmove

Rob Healey robhealey1 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 17:34:36 UTC 2012

Greetings:

On 28/01/12 02:22, Adam Williamson wrote:

> suggest we want at least:
>
> * two or three successful tests of the yum process with an existing
> Rawhide install

I had no problems or dependency errors wih a fully updates rawhide system.
x86_64 works beautifully

I have updated an Rawhide to /usr no problems.

 * a successful test of a fresh install with the /usr move packages
> (assuming we're in a state where we can even do a fresh install
> *without* the /usr move stuff: we will know more on that front shortly)

I have upgraded a clean install
fully updated default F16.Xfce_32 kvm_gust
// installed and updated today, from Xfce LiveCD.

I have also done a clean install of FC16.x86_64 system...
done all of the required task to do a usrmove upgrade, rebooted, and then
upgraded using f17-usrmove repo.

I had only the problem of the libselinux dependency on glibc-2.14.90 .
This needs to be fixed!

No problems even with leaving selinux disabled...

Sincerely yours,
Rob G. Healey

dracuted the F16 initramfs
did the grub2.cfg