New criterion for Checksum

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 30 18:02:39 UTC 2012

Petr Schindler <pschindl <at> redhat.com> writes:

> I propose new final criterion:
>
> "There must be published correct checksum for each ISO media. Also if there is
embedded checksum on ISO
> media, it must be correct."
>
> I think we should check this. We have already test case [1]. I propose to
change release level for this test
> case to final.
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Mediakit_ISO_Checksums

I think that having a published correct checksum for each ISO should be Alpha
level. If the ISO can't be verified, then the results of any other testing on it
are suspect. Also, publishing the correct checksums can be done without altering
the ISOs themselves, so it's easy to ensure that this test passes. Getting the
embedded checksum correct is less important since an independent check is
possible.