Change of release level of Mediakit ISO Size test case

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 30 20:40:10 UTC 2012

Petr Schindler <pschindl <at> redhat.com> writes:

> Test case [1] is marked as alpha release level in [2]. I propose to change it
to beta. We have beta criterion
> "The network installation image, DVD image, and live images for
release-blocking desktops must meet
> current size requirements" for this.
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Mediakit_ISO_Size
> [2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Installation_Test

I'd prefer that this test be left at alpha level, since if it fails, then anyone
who needs to use the corresponding media is blocked from any other testing as
well. There's also the issue that having to reduce the size of the image at a
later point runs the risk of causing further problems in deciding what to cut.
If some media are considered less important than others, maybe there could be
separate size tests for the different media.