New criterion for reporting failure of installer and accessing debug mode

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Jan 31 00:46:45 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-01-30 at 11:29 -0500, Petr Schindler wrote:
> I propose final criterion:
>
> "The installer must be able to handle the failure and report the
> issue. The installer must be also able to access debug mode."
>
> We have test case for this - [1]. It's useful to have this feature.
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Anaconda_traceback_debug_mode

Well, we already have a criterion for 'reporting a failure to Bugzilla'.
We also have some more test cases without matching criteria -
"QA:Testcase Anaconda save traceback to remote system" and
"QA:Testcase_Anaconda_save_traceback_to_disk". Perhaps we need a more
comprehensive approach here.

The existing criterion at Alpha is:

"The installer must be able to report failures to Bugzilla, with
appropriate information included"

So following that model, we could have:

"The installer must be able to enter debugging mode on encountering a
failure"

at Final. Not sure if we want to also add criteria for remote system and
disk, or if we want to downgrade those to non-blocking tests, but right
now they're marked as Alpha, so we should do something.