New criterion for installation with minimal set of packages

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 02:56:18 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 8:49 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> Yeah, this is kind of problematic, because I don't really want the
> release criteria to prescribe exactly what the 'minimal' package set
> should include. Perhaps we should just explicitly refer to 'the
> installer's "minimal" package set' or something like that

True - come to think of it, I really don't believe that it is QA's
domain to define the task list - but it should be somebody's. What I
don't want is the feature creep of the "minimal" package set - next
thing you know, GNOME will be part of that package set. But I don't
think that QA is the appropriate place to address those concerns :)