Installation from USB-written images (5/5): DVD.iso + Livecd-iso-to-disk

Josef Skladanka jskladan at redhat.com
Tue Jan 31 10:08:50 UTC 2012

Hi,

thank you for the suggestions, as with the live.iso testcases, I'll just continue in this particular thread, since both DVD testcases are 'the same'.
I've updated the testcases [1][2], so they contain the standard 'proceed with installation' steps, and the final 'boots without usb stick plugged in'. The testcase(s) now look like this:

---------------------------
<snipped />

How to test

    Insert the USB stick containing DVD.iso, and boot the installer
    Proceed through install process selecting a set of packages
    Remove the USB stick before rebooting into installed system when instructed by installer.
    Check that the computer boots to the installed system, with the USB stick unplugged

Expected Results

    Graphical boot menu is displayed for users to select install options. Navigating the menu and selecting entries must work. If no option is selected, the installer should load after a reasonable timeout
    Installer boots into loader and prompts for language, keymap
    Installer transitions to anaconda without error
    The installer should not require you to configure a package repository, it should be able to install using the packages present on the USB stick.
    Anaconda functions properly and successfully installs required packages
    Package errors should not occur
    The installed system boots successfully.

j.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Jskladan/Draft_QA_Testcase_USB_stick_DVD_litd
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Jskladan/Draft_QA_Testcase_USB_stick_DVD_dd