New criterion for Checksum

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Jan 31 18:23:12 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-01-31 at 07:48 -0500, Petr Schindler wrote:

> OK, so test case should stay in alpha and new criterion should be in
> alpha too. I propose to drop the part about embedded checksum (that
> would be only additional check) and new criterion should be:
>
> "A correct checksum must be published for each official release
> image."
>
> The second possibility is to have two criteria, first in alpha and
> second in beta. In beta, there would be included embedded checksum.
>
> I think that first option is better.

Well, I think we probably want to ensure the embedded checksum is
correct at final - it would look silly to ship a release where the
built-in media check always fails, after all. So I think we may want to
have that second criterion at least for final.

BTW, Petr, can you set your mail client to wrap at 72 characters, as is
conventional? Thanks!