No subject

Mon Jan 30 16:48:31 UTC 2012

> Used the box's reset button. Rebooted with SELinux set to permissive.

Usually you can switch to a VT, log in, and reboot from there - but when
you're hitting 788829 you can't, because you can't log in to a VT
either. ctrl-alt-del might do the trick, though.

>  * GDM login succeeded.

Yup. 788829.

>  * ABRT applet notification icon at the bottom. Clicked it, but it didn't
>    display any issues.
>
>  * Network Manager stuck in a loop trying to bring up a secondary LAN
>    connection, which is offline currently. It fails, but retries.
>
>  * Network Manager didn't bring up my primary DHCP based connection. Why not?
>
>  * Opened "Network Settings". Toggled off the secondary connection, tried
>    to turn ON the primary one. It switched back to OFF and stayed disconnected.

Check /var/log/messages for NM errors.

>  * Opened terminal, ran "ifup p37p1". Voila, that worked at least.
>
>  * audit.log is full of denied messages.

That'll be the 788829.

>  * Running "reboot" killed GNOME Shell, but didn't progress. Didn't want to
>    wait more than ~30 seconds for unknown timeouts, so rebooted by button
>    again.

I was hitting that up until recently, found that it does eventually
manage to shut down / reboot if you leave it long enough (2-3 mins).
Seems to have gone away with the latest packages, not sure what fixes
it, but I have fast reboot/shutdown now.