Blocker Bug Tracking Draft Page

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Tue Jul 3 08:15:45 UTC 2012

> I had been planning to keep the order as:
>  - Accepted Blockers
>  - Proposed Blockers
>  - Accepted NTH
>  - Proposed NTH

Ack.

> > Can you highlight those items that are new in any of the categories
> > in the last 24 hours?
>
> There is a limit to what I can realistically do with static html + js
> but I can think of two ways to do that off hand. I'll see what I can
> come up with that's realistic.

The generator script can pickle information <bug number, time added> and then create rows with new/recent bugs with a specific css class. That way it's a static content, but the generator script have to store information somewhere.

> > Also, can you put MODIFIED and ON_QA states in bold?
>
> Yeah, that would be easy. I'm wondering if there would be value in
> doing more color coding and/or status highlighting than that, though
>
> Now that you mention it, I wonder if there would be value in having a
> related page with a list of blockers/nth that need testing (based on
> status - whatever is ON_QA). I like the idea and the code would be
> straightforward but I'm not sure if the bug statuses correlate enough
> with what actually needs testing for that list to make sense.

That list would be the same as the list of bold items, right? We can just put some information "Bold items need testing" onto the page and we don't need to create a separate one. Or do you intend to put something else in the new page?