will F18 allow simultaneous installation of more than one desktop?

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 6 19:10:13 UTC 2012

I attempted installation using Fedora-20120703-x86_64-916dfe7-netinst.iso and
found that it only allows choosing one desktop. I normally install both Gnome
and KDE at this point and asked about it on #anaconda. Dlehman it was not
planned to support that, and regarding installing other desktops afterwards and
choosing between them at the login prompt, he said that wasn't up to them, but
personally he frowned on that practice.

If it's not possible to have more than one desktop installed, it makes changing
desktops much harder (clean install?) and someone who doesn't like Gnome Shell,
for example, may well decide to change distros rather than try a different
desktop. Personally, I use Gnome, but install KDE just to have the KDE packages
available while using Gnome. Would this become impossible?