Dreadfull flash fullscreen performance when using GRUB_TERMINAL=gfxterm

Sandro Mani manisandro at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 23:02:02 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have noticed that when using GRUB_TERMINAL=gfxterm (that is, the
default option, which I think is gfxterm), full-screen flash performance
is bad (on a 1440x900 screen it is barely ok, on a 1920x1200 screen it's
terrible).
But if I put GRUB_TERMINAL=console, the performance drammatically
improves. I am seeing this on rawhide with a intel 4500MHD IGP (i915
driver).

I am unsure which is the best package to file the bug for: grub2 or
xorg-x11-drv-intel?

Thanks,
Sandro