Beware of rebooting in rawhide right now

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Jul 9 13:09:08 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 07:08:06 -0500,
   Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
>On Sun, Jul 08, 2012 at 18:19:53 -0700,
>  Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R <caf at omen.com> wrote:
>>
>>I did not ask for any encrypted file system.
>>It just didn't work.
>
>It looks like the current issue is likely fallout from installing
>dractut-020-51 as noted in one of the other replies. This probably
>breaks things whether or not you are using encrypted file systems.
>There appears to be two other bugs related to encrtped file systems.
>One is that plymouth didn't get the systemd units to ask for a
>password for file systems mounted after the root pivot (e.g. swap and
>home). The other seems to affected systems with encrypted root.

After cleaning up from dracut-020-51, installing dracut-020-57.git20120709.fc18
and running the kernel scripts (to run dracut) I can now boot. Don't the
plymouth bug is still there, so I have to manually deal with home, swap and
then starting the graphical.target.

I also am running a slightly older kernel. kernel-3.5.0-0.rc5.git3.1.fc18
crashes very early in the boot process.