will F18 allow simultaneous installation of more than one desktop?

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 09:43:17 UTC 2012

On 07/09/2012 11:58 PM, David Lehman wrote:
> The simple truth is that there are a lot of reasons for organizing
> things into a desktop (or base spin/flavor/variant) and add-ons. One
> thing it enables is a unification of the current spins with the non-live
> OS install so they don't have different output products.
>
> If you want a second or third desktop environment, great. Install it
> some way other than in anaconda's GUI.  I also provided two alternatives
> very early on in this discussion: use kickstart for install or use the
> package manager of your choice, post-install. I said this in my first or
> second post on this subject. I should have ignored the follow-ups.
> Hopefully next time I will.

Agreed.

I personally think we should drop the releng dvd altogether and move to
a more spin specific installation where the spins community themselves
have complete control over the package selection ( if any et all ) being
offered to their target user base with potentially the option for
"advanced" users to install addition packages online.

JBG