today's yum dependency issues for rawhide

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Jul 11 16:36:52 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 10:12:31 -0500,
   Kevin Martin <ktmdms at gmail.com> wrote:
>Two questions:
>
>1). How do I get rid of the dependency issues shown below?  Do I force the update of systemd-libs or do the packages that are
>dependent on libudev need to be updated?

I like to keep the latest versions of rawhide packages installed unless it
would require removing something really critical. The way I do a quick
check for what is blocking updates is to run:
yum update -y -v | grep -i fail
Note that sometimes early failures cause later failures so that you really
don't need to remove every package listed. There can also be failures that
don't show up when doing the above.

My fallback plan is to remove the packages that won't update.

I track all of the packages I remove and regularly try reinstalling them.