today's yum dependency issues for rawhide

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Jul 11 16:57:32 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 18:42:32 +0200,
   Sandro Mani <manisandro at gmail.com> wrote:
>Why not just rebuild them in the meantime? I usually simply bump the
>version by one additional "sub-version" (i.e.
>vlc-core-2.0.1-1.fc18.x86_64 -> vlc-core-2.0.1-1.1.fc18.x86_64),
>rebuild with mock, and that's it.

In a few cases I have done rebuilds. For the most part I want to be using
the supplied packages so I am testing the packages other people have.
Most of the stuff that has blocked updates I don't actually use. I find having
a whole bunch of stuff installed catches installation problems that the
maintainers sometimes miss.