will F18 allow simultaneous installation of more than one desktop?

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Wed Jul 11 18:43:55 UTC 2012

Adam Williamson wrote:
> The statistic didn't need to be precise to support my argument;
> approximate was fine. My argument stands as long as some reasonably
> significant amount of people use the DVD over the live images, even
> though our download page clearly highlights the desktop live image.
> Therefore people are specifically seeking out the DVD, therefore they
> are likely doing so due to some capability the DVD has that the live
> images don't.

Maybe people don't like change? They've always used a DVD to install
software. "What's this USB/Live CD crap? GTFO!" Long-time Linux users
hate change. If the Live image is not downloaded as often then it shows
you there aren't many, new, users trying out Fedora.

Seeing as more and more for-profit companies[1] are moving to
online-only distribution of their software (and users are *embracing*
it), it is about time Fedora join them. Sure, we still need an image to
get a minimal system installed, but there is no need to put together a
4GB image that is obsolete as soon as it is spun.

[1] Gaming publishers: Steam, Blizzard, etc.