will F18 allow simultaneous installation of more than one desktop?

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 19:13:58 UTC 2012

On 07/11/2012 07:00 PM, Andre Robatino wrote:
> Wouldn't this support getting rid of both the DVD and the Lives, and only
> providing the netinst?

Nope since it depends on the "network" to be always present.

Anaconda just needs to be smart if it detects and sets up network
connectivity to offer the user to install from online repo(s) instead...

What I feel we should be working towards at is that releng dvd get
killed and the installer gets removed from live images and we provide an
spin specific images where the user can boot into the live environment
and "try" the spin then has to reboot and choose to install where he
boots into anaconda and only is presented with same package set to
install as the live environment provided that is if he's presented with
any package selection et all.

Arguably he should only be presented with the option to install any
additional packages if he has network connectivity .

JBG