Draft: separated-out Bodhi feedback guidelines

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Jul 12 20:54:52 UTC 2012

Hi, folks. So, over the months, we've agglomerated some fairly useful
instructions on Bodhi karma in the proven testers page:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Proven_tester#Feedback_procedures

However, as kparal's https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ticket/287
ticket points out, this isn't really the best way to present this
information. It started out being written in a way that really targeted
proven testers, but it's grown more and more generic over time and is
useful to much more than just proven testers; and the PT program is
suspended anyhow.

So, in accordance with the suggestion in that ticket, I've drafted up a
proposed separate page for the feedback guidelines. It's really just the
Feedback Procedures section taken out and edited slightly to stand alone
and no longer have anything specific to proven testers in it. I also
added a few things that I was planning to add to the section anyhow.

Here's the draft:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adamwill/Draft_QA_Update_feedback_guidelines

If accepted, it would live at:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Update_feedback_guidelines

and there would be links from various appropriate pages - from the
updates_testing page, the proven_testers page, and the Bodhi page at
least. The proven testers page would be appropriately tweaked to flow
correctly with the section left out. Finally, we would contact the Bodhi
team and ask them to provide prominent links to the page in Bodhi. Bodhi
actually already links to the proven testers page, but the link is an
unlabelled icon that's easy to miss (I never noticed it until today).

Any comments or suggested improvements on either the text of the draft
or the broad plan are welcome, either here or on the trac ticket.
Thanks!