Anaconda new UI testing: new snapshot available

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Tue Jul 17 21:42:12 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 04:55:28PM -0400, Chris Lumens wrote:
> > Not kidding, but neither does avoid equal refuse. Plus, all modern
> > standards-compliant browsers read the CSS the same, so it isn't "my"
> > browser that decides it should make text smaller than my
> > personalized personal computer preference, or low contrast. It's
> > just following so-called "suggestions" provided by the site.

So, now one has to use kickstart, which is not all that simple, and has
to be set up somewhere, to put in some BASIC Unix function.  All to
support the inexperienced user who will probably be more inconvenienced
than endangered by this anyway.

It's just more work for the sysadmin.  I think, speaking as an old,
Get-off-my-lawn grouch, that the big problem has become that the new
crop of developers has little or no sysadmin experience, where in the
old days, they were usually the same thing.

Mind you, I'm being a complete hypocrite, as I don't mind being able to
install Linux and have everything work, rather than have to pull out my
CRT monitor and get the reading glasses to see the specs on the metal
thingie in the most inaccessible place monitor manufacturers could put
it, have to download and compile a driver to get on the Internet, and
spend hours having to set up to try to print Japanese.

Ah well, first world problems.  And in fairness, Fedora and Ubuntu (and
of course, Windows and OSX), are a lot more popular than ArchLinux or
the BSDs.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Riley: I thought maybe we could have a little spread. Sandwiches,
maybe some ants. Could be fun.
Buffy: We were talking about a picnic?
Riley: Oh... so, was that a conversation I actually had or one I
was just practicing?