[Test-Announce] CANCELLED: 2012-07-23 Fedora QA Meeting

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Jul 23 15:42:16 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-07-23 at 08:05 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 23:45:21 -0700,
>    Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> >It seems like there's been a general lack of Major Topics in QA-land
> >lately; activating Paranoid Mode, does anyone think there are any
> >negative reasons for this, or is it more just that things are sort of
> >ticking along smoothly and we shouldn't fix anything that ain't broken?
> >Opinions welcome =)
>
> I am a little worried we will hit some significant blockers when we start
> RATS. I'd rather see us hit those a bit early.

The first RATS was supposed to be last week; I asked twu to do it, I'll
check in with him on that shortly. But the results will be of limited
significance until newUI lands, of course.

> The biggest question mark is livemedia-creator. There haven't been any public
> test builds yet. There could be spin size issues caused by the change and
> we may need to change some of the ks files to get these builds to work.

That's a good point, I'll check in on the status of it. Of course, we
could always fall back on livecd-creator in extremis.

> There are also some potential dependency issues that might delay test
> composes would could set testing back a bit. Hopefully the mass rebuild
> will fix some of those. But without the nightly live image builds, dependency
> errors that affect composes don't stand out. I did a test games spin this
> weekend to test out getting joysticks/game pads to work out of the box and
> I had to blacklist a few packages. This included shotwell, which I am pretty
> sure the (gnome) desktop image is going to pull in.

Yeah, it would. Also good points, thanks for pointing them out!

> P.S. I haven't made any progress on the bugzilla analysis yet.

Noted, thanks.